Adventure seekers

Adventure seekers
They just keep on growing.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Conference

I didn't get to watch all of conference this weekend. But what I did see, was so good. It is hard to say that only one topic stood out to me, because there were so many good talks and topics that I needed to hear. There were good talks on prayer and accepting the Lord's answers as He would have them be and not what we want and feel we need when we need it. There were good talks on being a shining example to those around us, missionary work, the scriptures, and the family. I loved how all the general authorities lovingly talked about their wives. But my favorite talk was by M. Russell Ballard who talked about mothers. I loved the story of him, after 10 years, having to sit alone with their 6 kids during church on the back row. I only have 4 and I completely understand. It was a wonderful talk that made me feel appreciated as a mother. I encourage all of you who missed to read it and the husbands should even give it a read (especially mine!!!!!). I also loved President Monson's closing remarks. I was so sad when President Hinckley dies, because I thought that I would miss that special spirit and humor about him. But I have seen that in President Monson this conference. Many people have mentioned that they see the prophet's mantle being rested on him. What a special man.
So for all of you who enjoyed conference, I did too. For those who played hookie I encourage you to feast.

1 comment:

Matt and Tommi +4 said...

Elder Ballard's talk was awesome and I loved his story. I laughed so hard. I understand and I only have two. What in the world will I do when I have four? I'm glad you enjoyed conference. Love you!