Adventure seekers

Adventure seekers
They just keep on growing.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Surprise!!!!!

I know I have titled another post "Surprise!!!!" But this surprise trumps the other surprise. Last week the boys and I decided that we were tired of being away from Jake. We have spent most of the last year or so apart. With some proding from my friends and some prayers we decided it was time for us to make the move to Boise. So, with the help of our wonderful branch in Kentucky, I packed up a few things, left the house clean and ready for showings, and packed up the van and the kids and we drove to Boise. Jake had no idea that we were even thinking of coming. I felt bad with all of the fibs that were told, but we really wanted to make the surprise special for Jake. Jake would call while we were on the road and I would tell him we were in the car on the way to the zoo. One time I couldn't get Kyle to stop talking while I was talking to Jake (he was supposed to be at school at that time) and I threw a water bottle back at him and mistakenly hit him in the head. Which was not the outcome I needed because it caused him to cry. Poor Kyle, I felt so bad, he got a lot of apologizing from me when I got back in the van.
But needless to say, it was all worth it to see Jake's face (and tears) when he saw us in his room. He will never admit to the tears, but he got pretty choked up and if you ask Caden he will say that daddy cried. We are here in Boise safely and I am forever grateful for the wonderful help we received from our friends in Kentucky. I miss the green and our home. But it is good to ba a family again and to have some help with the boys.
I also had a great time surprising our family. We had a busy weekend this weekend with 2 baby blessings and surprising our family. No one knew we were coming home. My family (brothers and their children) haven't been all together for over 2 years. I didn't think it was very fair that we were the only ones that wouldn't be here. But it was good to see my brothers again and meet my new niece and be all together.
So, since I pulled off, packing and moving myself and 4 kids across the country without Jake figuring it out. So thanks to the people that helped me pull this off. It was worth it. We love you all and will miss Kentucky, especially our branch.

4 comments:

Matt and Tommi +4 said...

Congratulations! I think that you are just where you should be! I'm so excited for all of you to be together again. We love you guys!

Ashly said...

I'm so glad you have a blog :)and I'm glad you made it across country--you are the woman...this is just one more way you are such an example to me :) talk to you soon!

The Nixons! said...

SARA!!! I was checking out Tammy's blog when I saw there was a link for you!! How are you? I bet your parents are happy you are coming home to Boise.
And these are the first pictures I have seen of Katy! She is ADORABLE!! Good job mom!!

Drostan and Jennifer said...

We are so glad you are here!!!