Adventure seekers

Adventure seekers
They just keep on growing.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hard Decision

This is a hard post to write..... After a great deal of praying, pondering and talking, Jake and I have decided it is best for us not to be married anymore. There were so many mistakes made in our marriage and there is no one person to blame. I would love to blame everything on Jake and make myself feel better, but that would not be the truth. We both feel that we work well as friends, but were not cut out to be husband and wife.
Our kids are taking this rather well. They are sad, but it amazes me how resilient they are. They are my number one concern. I feel at peace and empowered to take on the challenges that lie ahead. I am getting my nursing license reinstated and look forward to being busier (NOT). I have a lot of support and things are looking up. I am ready to be happy again and standing on my own two feet.

5 comments:

Kimmy-Kins said...

Your in my prayers, and give you any kind of support possible vicariously!! Hang in there. You'll get through it! Lots of love, Kim

Busy Lady said...

I am so sorry Sara, if there is anything we can do for you please ask, we love your family so much. My heart just breaks for you, but I understand sometimes things just don't work out. Take care of yourself!

Camille said...

Wow. I wasn't expecting to read that. I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you expected all those years ago.

My sister just went threw a divorce that was finalized last month. Being there for her through the whole process really opened my eyes. Before I thought the only people who should be getting divorced were the ones involved in abusive relationships or adultery. It's just not that simple. And it hurts and tears.

I'm sorry you're both going through this. My prayers are with you.

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Oh Sara. I'm so sorry. (((hugs)))

Cindi said...

Oh Sara, I am sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself and the kids.