Adventure seekers

Adventure seekers
They just keep on growing.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Success


Well I guess Caden has decided it is time to be a big boy. Last week after running out of diapers and really not being able to afford any more that we were going to potty train Caden. He is 3 1/2 and we felt it was time. We had accidents for 2 days, then he figured it out and we haven't had an accident since. I was so surprised how well he did after our last attempt to potty train. But I am so proud of him. He is such a big boy. And it goes to show that he actually is related to me as I was always one who would wait until I was sure I could do it and made up my mind to do it, then I could do anything. Caden seems to have to have his mind made up that he can do it too. We even went to Utah last weekend for Memorial day. I worried that we would be stopping all along the road for bathroom breaks. But it seems I worry too much.

We had a great weekend in Utah. We got to see a lot of family. It was Jake's grandpa's birthday and we had a big party. Grandma and Aunt Mary worked hard and the weekend was a huge success. It was so fun to see Jake's family again, some we haven't seen in a few years. The boys are still talking about swimming in their jeans at Aunt Mary's (we didn't take their swim suits).

On our way home we got to see some old friends from Iceland, Sean and Jen Thomas. Kyle was so excited to see their old friend Daxton. Everytime I even mention Utah it has brought up his name and the desire to go and see him. The boys had fun playing and we had a good time visiting with the Thomas's. I have to say we miss the military and our friends.

Jake has started working a few other jobs besides the landscaping. We are in desperate need of an income and Jake is stepping up and working even harder. This business has taken a long time to get moving and I fear that it will still take longer.

The boys are ready for the summer break and ready to swim at grandma's. Katy, I fear, might have allergies to dogs. Our friends that we are staying with have 2 inside dogs and Katy has been so stuffy. She has had 2 ear infections since we have been here, which is not common for her. It is either the dogs, or it is Idaho. If she didn't have allergies to Kentucky, I am not sure she would have allergies here. Hopefully we can get her cleared up soon.

Life is always interesting in the Anderson household. I am ready for it to slow down and get boring. We love everyone and love to hear from you.

3 comments:

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Good job Caden! You are such a big boy!

We're still prayin' for you guys that things will look up soon. You deserve the best.

Love you guys!

Alexis said...

Hurray for Caden! I am so glad that he is out of diapers. I am already thinking of potty training Bryson so that when we have another kid he will be out of diapers, but I hear boys are harder then girls, so i figured I should get started early, any tips?? Well, we miss you. I had to do my first sharing time yesterday, i was so nervous, but got thru it. You are missed! Any good news about your house?

Cindi said...

Don't worry that Caden was 3 1/2. Trent was 4 and I had to make him potty train. We wish ya'll the best. We need to get our families together soon. LOL!