Adventure seekers

Adventure seekers
They just keep on growing.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Another Snow Day


The boys are home yet again!!!! Yesterday when I got home from running errands there was a message on our home phone that the schools were closing early because of an impending ice storm. I am glad that I got home when I did, because the boys got off the bus half an hour later and were home. If I had been gone and not known about them coming home they would have been stuck alone outside. I just feel unsettled about how we were told and that if they jsut reached an answering maching they didn't try to call back. Not sure how they could fix it and I am sure they ran into troubles. So this morning we were told that there would be a 2 hour delay, then they called back and just cancelled school again. So now school was going to get out on a Monday. Not their last day will be a Friday. Who would have thought we would have had 4 days of no school because of the weather. But I am glad that they did. Everything is ICE!!!!

The boys have spent the morning sliding down the driveway on cardboard boxes. Kyle loves it, Christopher not so much. I think he went so fast it scared him. I got Kyle on video yelling and screaming and whooping with joy. At least they got outside time.

The boys are anxious to get back to Idaho. They keep asking when we are going to leave Kentucky. But they make sure to ask when they get to come back for a visit. We have no word on our house yet. We haven't had a showing in a weel and a half. I am frustrated, but I know we are supposed to be in Boise. We have definitely learned lots of lessons from this adventure.

2 comments:

Matt and Tommi +4 said...

What a bunch of cute kids you've got! I'm glad you got some pictures on the blog. We send our love.

Jensen Family said...

Hey the pictures worked! We miss you guys and are still praying hard for you. I wish I knew how to stop kids from arguing. If you figure it out, you'll have to let me know for the future. Jake and I never got it. :) We love you!

Tammy