Adventure seekers

Adventure seekers
They just keep on growing.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kyle's a Gentleman

Ok, there comes a time when you wonder how you are doing as a parent and if your children will still be the same person at school that they are at home (hopefully better). We got this email from Kyle's teacher yesterday and I was so proud that I wanted to make sure I remembered what he did. Enjoy, and know that Jake and I are both very proud of Kyle for the person that he is.
Sara,I just have to brag on Kyle for being such a gentleman today!!!! While walking to the bus in the pouring rain, he offered to share his umbrella with a girl that only had a cotton jacket---not only did he do this, but he was polite enough to offer to hold her Bratz doll while she put up her hood. I don't believe in any way he likes her and would not want him to be embarrassed, but I thought it was such a nice gesture and I believe he would have done it for anyone in the class! It just goes to show how considerate it is of others! I literally stood in the rain, waiting on them, holding back the tears for the kindness he was showing at that moment. He really is such a sweet boy. He told me the other day that he would be moving in a few weeks (He reminds me on a daily basis) I held my ears and said, "Kyle I can't hear you" He said "Mrs. Minor" like he was surprised, but I explained that I did not want him to move and that we would miss him, but I was betting that his Daddy missed him more and would be glad to have the family together again. I just wanted to share with you what happened today and say thanks to you and your husband for the time and effort you put into your family!Mrs. Minor

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That is soooooo sweet!! You guys are really hanging on out there!! That is awesome!! Kyle sure sounds like he is turning out quite well!! I would've cried too like his teacher!! Isn't it great to hear good reports about your children!! I hope we can all notice good things in ours and others children and make it a point to tell them and their parents!! Take Care